You could go to your favorite grocery store to buy a can of seasoned nuts—or, you can fire up the grill and make your very own!
These sweet-and-spicy smoked nuts are packed with flavor andridiculously easy to make, and that’s a good thing since they are supremely addictive and such a crowd pleaser.I like to have a stash of these in the pantry for a protein-packed snack, as well as to use as a garnish for myfavorite tailgate recipes.
While this recipe calls for pecans, the combo of delicious brown sugar, paprika, coriander, chipotle powder and BBQ rub would also be decadent over cashews or almonds.
With the holidays coming up, a jar of these smoked nuts are easy to whip up as a gift for coworkers or to present to the host at the next dinner party you’re invited to. Just slap a bow on it and prepare for a round of applause.
Have I convinced you yet?Give this recipe a try and even put your own twist on it. be sure to share on Instagram at@grillgirlrobyn, I want to see what you come up with! Whenyou’re done, I dare you to only eatonehandful (spoiler alert, not possible).Print
Smoked nuts can be made in your pellet smoker, grill or electric smoker for an epic sweet and spicy batch of smoked nuts that is epic on it’s own or perfect added to salads, side dishes and even ice cream! These are great for gifting at the holidays!
- 3 cups山核桃(或坚果choice—almonds or cashews are also great smoked)
BBQ Rub Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoonsmoked sugar OR brown sugar
- 1 tablespoonsmoked paprika
- 1.5 tablespoonsmoked sea salt
- 1 tablespoonsmoked coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoonground coriander
- 1/2 tablespoonchipotle powder
- 1 teaspoonbrown sugar
- Soak nuts in water for 10 minutes, then remove and lightly pat dry (getting the nuts wet helps the smoke adhere to their surface).
- Combine the rub ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss thenuts in the rub so that all the nuts are covered in seasoning.
- Place the nuts on a frog mat and smoke for 45 minutes to an hour until the nuts have begun to lightly brown.
TIP:To keep the nuts lower carb look for brown sugar replacements such as Truvia brown sugar blend with only 15 calories per serving, Sukrin, or a mixture of ethyritol or stevia paired with maple extract.
TIP:Smoked nuts are great on their own but an awesome addition to ice cream, desserts, and appetizers like smoked pimento cheese.
Want other ideas for cool grilling items for gifting?